So I saw this on another blog I avidly read, and since I seem to have no photographs to show you lovely people, here are 30 things about me.
1. I can bend my thumbs all the way backwards.
2. I think that Switzerdeutsch, especially the Basel dialect, is beautiful (All you native PlattDeutsch speakers disagree, I know!)
3. I cried in front of Heironymous Bosch’s “The Garden of Earthly Delights” and Picasso’s “Guernica” in Madrid at seperate museums, possibly on the same night.
4. I despise winter so much. The only pro is that I reach the peak of paleness.
5. I stomp- I can’t walk quietly like a normal person. I don’t know how normal people walk.
6. Once I brought a duck foot to show and tell in elementary school to show people how the ligaments, when pulled by tweezers, got the foot to move. I didn’t make many friends that way. I brought the foot in a plastic bag.
7. Once April hits I wear SPF 70 every day without exception. Tan and I do not look good together.
8. My ultimate dream is to write a book regarding Eleanor of Aquitaine’s life, because she was the ultimate badass.
9. I don’t want children of my own, ever. Pregnancy freaks me out and children freak me out. Plus, frankly, I’m too selfish. And when people tell me that I’ll change my mind, I want to slap them.
10. Only a handful of people can pronounce my last name correctly on the first go. When we had a landline it was free caller ID.
11. When I was little I didn’t think adults slept, so I wanted to be a veterinarian during the day and an artist at night.
12. I can’t walk in high heels because I’m clumsy, my ankles have been sprained too often, and I’m too afraid of falling. So maybe I could, but I’d need somebody to hold onto.
13. I almost never wear jeans, pants freak me out.
14. I have freckles on my lips.
15. In my passport photo I am tinged pink and look extremely drugged.
16. I technically have a Twitter but I don’t remember any of my account info and so cannot deactivate the damn thing.
17. I pretend to be really good at identifying birds, but don’t ever believe me. I’ll tell you it’s a falcon even if it’s a kestral.
18. I get really nervous talking to large groups of people, and when I do I talk really fast and shake.
19. I’m missing four of my adult teeth, my mouth is too small to fit them all so I got them pulled in middle school.
20. If I could re-do everything I might go into school again for herpetology (study of reptiles and amphibians). I love snakes especially, although finding baby fire salamanders may have been the coolest thing ever.
21. I love the paranormal and ghost stories, haunted houses are a serious obsession of mine. Graveyards, too- I’ve always wanted to picnic in one.
22. I hate the word “moist”. I shudder every time I hear it.
23. My name is Kate. Not Katherine, Katie, or any other variation. My mother named me Kate because my last name is already so long.
24. My sister and I look absolutely nothing alike, people think one of us is adopted or that we’re cousins, but never sisters.
25. I’m so sensitive to spicy food that I cried on a date once my freshman year of college. Needless to say that was the last date.
26. Bread pudding, almost-raw steak/burgers, and milkshakes are my biggest weaknesses. Bacon, too.
27. The coolest place I’ve ever been is torn between Palermo and Krakow. They were both gorgeous cities full of things to discover.
28. I slept with a light on until I went to college. Now the darker the better.
29. I eventually want to become fluent in German, though how I’ll use it is up to debate. Spanish is already something I enjoy speaking and reading, but I have a long way to go.
30. I can’t cook. At all. I’m defective in the kitchen (hausfrau is out for me!).