I’ve been really stressed lately. Maybe because Chris has been and I’m the type of person who feeds off of other people’s emotions and energies. Even though he’s been sick and I haven’t seen him much when I do see him he radiates wavelenghts of “I will never have enough time to do it all” and that gets me going (not to mention I’m writing 2 theses and tackling school, work, etc.)
So, here’s a little guide I put together last night at work.
1. Positive thoughts = positive things.
2. Dissolve negativity in buckets of mental acid.
3. Take care of yourself. 8 glasses of water, 3 good healthy meals a day, at least 7 hours of sleep, and try to be active. This is a recipe for a body that is ready and able to tackle life.
4. Vulnerability is strength sometimes. It takes a certain amount of guts to admit to yourself that you can’t always do it all. That’s hard for some people to hear but necessary at times.
5. You are a person. Errors and mistakes are your modus operandi. If you aren’t making mistakes you probably haven’t left bed or committed to anything recently. Get out there and be ready to fail or fall or do something wrong because you will learn.
6. Love yourself and make time for the little things, whether it be an afternoon nap, reading part of a book with tea, going to the climbing gym, or watching a Star Trek marathon. Which I need to do soon.
I could go on and on but these are the main points.